The Bash has been a part of our community since 1988. It’s taken several forms over the years and in its 30-year history, the Bash has raised over $750,000 for our Outreach Ministries. Proceeds from the Bash (100% of them) fund the majority of the grant money available annually for distribution by the St. Stephen’s Outreach Committee back into the community. Learn more about the Outreach Committee’s work here.
Our event theme for 2019 is Genesis. Our goal is to celebrate the amazing history of this event and also bring some new experiences that continue to make the event fun for everyone. Just as the Bash has changed over the years you can expect a great mix of entertainment favorites plus some new games we think you’ll really enjoy.
The success of the Bash After Dark depends on support from folks just like you! Whether you make a donation, volunteer for a food service shift, or attend the event, (why not do all three!) there’s a way for everyone to participate.
The St. Stephen’s community believes strongly in the words you see frequently around our building, “All are welcome here. Seriously. All.” We want the Bash After Dark to be accessible to all, regardless of your ability to pay. To that end, we are changing our ticket pricing for the event to a “pay what you can” model with a suggested donation of $40 per person. Pay less, pay more, as you are able. Get your tickets here >
So, what does a ticket get you? You get into the event, the chance to bid on a plethora of silent/live auction items, play new and returning favorite games, eat all the heavy apps you can handle, plus wine, beer, and non-alcoholic beverages.
Many folks ask, do I have to be able to spend lots of money to attend this event? Absolutely not! Come and have a good time and spend as little or as much as you’d like. We purposefully curate a variety of activities and auction items that span a range of spending abilities. This experience will be a fun and enjoyable night out whether you buy anything at the event or not. This event is about fellowship too not just about dollar amounts.
Donations are key to fun and excitement at the Bash and there are many ways, big and small, for you to contribute. Donate here >
- Wine for Wine Pull Game. Seeking 40-50 bottles ($15 minimum value) for this new game.
- Spirits for Spirit Pull Game. Seeking 20-25 bottles ($20 minimum value) for this new game.
- Gift Cards for Punchboard Game. Seeking a variety of gift card donations ($50 minimum value) for restaurants, retailers, and travel.
- Auction Donations. A large portion of the money raised at the Bash come from our Silent and Live Auctions. Looking for ideas?
- Tickets to arts and cultural events: music, theatre, museum exhibits
- Tickets to sporting events
- Professional services: photography, garden design, yoga instruction, resume writing, dog grooming, catering or party prep
- House/home care: duct cleaning, carpet cleaning, cleaning service, furnace tune-ups, gutter cleanings, lawn service packages
- Unique, one-of-a-kind experiences get lots of bids! Do you or a friend work somewhere interesting? Do you have access to backstage or behind-the-scene experiences? Think private vineyard tour and tasting experience with an owner, etc.
Can I come to the Bash even if I don’t attend St. Stephen’s, or attend regularly?
Of course! If you are new to the parish or are looking for a great way to connect, the Bash is the perfect event to attend to get a flavor for the folks that make up the body and soul of St. Stephen’s. Be forewarned: we like to have a good time while always remembering the importance of this fun evening. Invite your friends!
What do I wear to something like this?
Think “smart casual”.
How can I get involved?
This event isn’t possible without lots of support! We are currently looking for a few folks to lead-up particular activities. If you are interested, contact one of the Bash Co-Chairs, Kate Jones (email@example.com) or Allie Smulka (firstname.lastname@example.org), to find out what we need to help make this event happen. As we get closer to the event, we’ll communicate with other volunteer opportunities
Can I bid with other people on an auction item?
Absolutely! We often have people form groups to bid on items together and split the cost.
I don’t like auctions. Will there be anything else to do there?
Yes! We will have other “gamefied” experiences such as a wine pull, spirit pull, a punch board, a round of Heads & Tails and a meat raffle.
I’m busy on November 9th, but I still want to participate – is that possible?
In fact, yes! We are working to get an “online” auction feature for the Bash up and running so that even folks who can’t attend in person can still bid on select items remotely. We will keep this FAQ section updated as more details become available.