The Bash After Dark, St. Stephen’s Outreach Ministries annual fundraiser, will be held on Saturday, November 9 and our 2019 co-chairs Kate Jones and Allie Smulka are busy planning this year’s event!
The Bash has been a part of our community since 1988. It’s taken several forms over the years and in its 30-year history, the Bash has raised over $750,000 for our Outreach Ministries. Just as the Bash has changed over the years you can expect a great mix of entertainment favorites at the event plus some new games and experiences we think you’ll really enjoy – regardless of how many times you’ve attended!
SUPPORTING THE BASH
The success of the Bash After Dark depends on support from folks just like you! Whether you make a donation, volunteer for a food service shift, or attend the event, (why not do all three!) there’s a way for everyone to participate.
Our current focus is gathering donations.
- Wine and Spirits. We are asking for donations of bottles of wine ($20 minimum value) and spirits ($30 minimum value) for our new Wine and Spirit Pull games.
- Gift Cards. We are asking for a variety of gift card donations ($50 minimum value) for our new Gift Card Punchboard.
- Auction Donations. A large portion of the dollars raised for Outreach Ministry at the Bash comes from the winning bids in our Silent and Live Auction. Looking for ideas for a sought-after auction donation? These types of items tend to raise the most money for the Bash –
- Tickets to arts and cultural events: music, theatre, museum exhibits
- Tickets to sporting events
- Professional services: photography, garden design, yoga instruction, resume writing, dog grooming, catering or party prep
- House/home care: duct cleaning, carpet cleaning, cleaning service, furnace tune-ups, gutter cleanings, lawn service packages
- Unique, one-of-a-kind experiences get lots of bids! Do you or a friend work somewhere interesting? Do you have access to backstage or behind-the-scene experiences? Think private vineyard tour and tasting experience with an owner, etc.
2019 BASH FAQ
Where does the money raised by the Bash go?
Proceeds from the Bash (100% of them) fund the majority of the grant money available annually for distribution by the St. Stephen’s Outreach Committee back into the community. Learn more about the Outreach Committee’s work here.
How much are tickets?
Tickets are $50, $40 if you consider yourself a “senior” (we don’t put a hard number on it). Tickets will go on sale later this summer.
What does a ticket get me?
Your ticket purchase gets you in the event, the chance to bid on a plethora of silent and live auction items, wine and spirit pulls (new this year!), games, and all the heavy apps you can handle, plus wine, beer, and non-alcoholic beverages.
Can I come to the Bash even if I don’t attend St. Stephen’s, or attend regularly?
Of course! If you are new to the parish or are looking for a great way to connect, the Bash is the perfect event to attend to get a flavor for the folks that make up the body and soul of St. Stephen’s. Be forewarned: we like to have a good time while always remembering the importance of this fun evening. Invite your friends!
What do I wear to something like this?
Think “smart casual”.
How can I get involved?
This event isn’t possible without lots of support! We are currently looking for a few folks to lead-up particular activities. If you are interested, contact one of the Bash Co-Chairs, Kate Jones (email@example.com) or Allie Smulka (firstname.lastname@example.org), to find out what we need to help make this event happen. As we get closer to the event, we’ll communicate with other volunteer opportunities
Do I have to spend money at the Bash in addition to buying my ticket?
Nope. Come and have a good time and spend as little or as much as you’d like.
Can I bid with other people on an auction item?
Absolutely! We often have people form groups to bid on items together and split the cost.
I don’t like auctions. Will there be anything else to do there?
Yes! We will have other “gamefied” experiences such as a wine pull, spirit pull, a punch board, a round of Heads & Tails and a meat raffle.
I don’t feel like I have much money to contribute. Do I need to be a “high roller” in order to come, or make a difference?
Absolutely not! We purposefully curate a variety of activities and auction items that span a wide range of spending abilities. This experience will be a fun and enjoyable night out whether you buy anything at the event or not. This event is about fellowship too not just about dollar amounts.
I’m busy on November 9th, but I still want to participate – is that possible?
In fact, yes! We are working to get an “online” auction feature for the Bash up and running so that even folks who can’t attend in person can still bid on select items remotely. We will keep this FAQ section updated as more details become available.