SUNDAY, APRIL 19, 2020
Our next service day with Loaves & Fishes is approaching and we’d love you to join us as we feed our hungry neighbors at Woodlake Lutheran Church in Richfield.
During this unprecedented time of uncertainty, many more Minnesotans will find themselves without a job and struggling to pay their bills. Some of the LOaves & Fishes serving sites, like Wooddake Lutheran, have DOUBLED the number of meals served since the start of the COVID-19 crisis. As a ministry deemed an essential service, volunteers are needed for Loaves & Fishes to continue to provide the food so vitally needed.
While in this time of social distancing Loaves & Fishes has moved to a takeaway meal model, there are still opportunities for volunteers to help prep and serve meals.
If you are feeling well and able, please consider volunteering for one of two shifts
- 3:15-4:30 PM: 4 volunteers to cook (suitable for teenagers and older). No prior cooking experience necessary; there is a chef on-site to guide us through the entire process.
- 5:15-6:30 PM: 8 volunteers to serve food and clean up
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION from LOAVES & FISHES REGARDING COVID-19
We are committed to the health and safety of our guests, volunteers, donors, and staff, and are working hard to mitigate the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus.
The steps we are taking include:
- Continuing to follow our best ServSafe practices (national food safety standards).
- Asking those who are ill to not attend.
- Social distancing for guests and volunteers who do attend the meals.
- Refraining from shaking hands or hugging to greet others.
- Asking volunteers to bring hand sanitizer when serving food to guests.
- All our meals for guests are take-away only.