We’re Saving a Seat for You
A warm welcome to you from the clergy, staff and parishioners of St. Stephen’s. Our church is a vibrant faith community and we welcome visitors and newcomers with open arms and open hearts. As the Rector of the Parish, I look forward to getting to know you and introducing you to our church and our faith community. If you have questions about us, the tenants of our faith, baptisms, weddings, or how to get involved, please ask!
Rev. Tom Cook
952-920-0595 ext 109
Considering coming for worship? Great!
Attending a Sunday worship service is one of the best ways to get to know us – here’s what you should expect…
- Nice people. We LOVE it when someone comes for the first time. We do our best, but, we don’t always recognize the first-time visitors – so feel free to say, “This is my first time” to one of the folks at our front doors and they will guide you in!
- Easy to follow worship. Let’s name the elephant in the room. Episcopal services have a reputation for requiring “book juggling” and being hard to follow unless you know the secret code. At St. Stephen’s, we recognize this. If you are new to the Episcopal Church, we give you what you need in our paper bulletin to easily follow along and enjoy worship.
- Worship style choice. We have several different worship times and styles to choose from. Visit the This Sunday page to get all the details and choose the service perfect for you.
- Spotlight free zone. Have no fear, we will NOT single you out publicly or ask you to say anything.
- A fun, safe environment for kids. If you bring your kids, great! During our morning services, babies and toddlers can be cared for in our nursery and we offer Children’s Chapel for preschoolers through kids in first grade. All staff and volunteers must pass background checks and have a heart for kids and families. Want to keep your kids with you? No problem! We welcome families into our worship services – grab an activity bag on the way into the church if you’d like some activities for them during the service.
- Dress to please yourself. You’ll see everything from jeans to suits here so dress in a way that is most comfortable to you.
Another way to learn about what’s happening around the parish – join our email newsletter list.
We will share our weekly emails that will give you a good flavor of our ministries and activities.