St. Stephen’s is always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help with our Children’s and Youth Programs. Whether it’s teaching Sunday School or Vacation Bible School, cooking on Wednesday nights, mentoring Confirmation candidates – or any of the other many opportunities available – we need your help! Please contact Dave Sheldon (Birth – Grade 5) at firstname.lastname@example.org” href=”mailto:email@example.com” rel=”noreferrer”>firstname.lastname@example.org or Adam Estrem ( Grade 6 and older) at email@example.com” href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org” rel=”noreferrer”>email@example.com.
Visit www.ststephensyouth.com for more information about our Children & Youth Ministries.
Exchange Student Hosts Needed
The Edina Rotary Club is looking for host families for two exchange students during the 2015 – 2016 school year. Would you consider opening your home and your heart to an international teenager? This is an opportunity for your family to grow and learn as much as it is for the exchange student.
Our incoming Rotary Youth Exchange Students:
- Jein Is a 17 year old girl from South Korea who looks forward to learning more about the American culture.
- Tina is a 16 year old girl from Norway. She likes to sing, dance and play the keyboard and is excited to spend the year in the U.S. – the country where she was born while her father was working in California.
- Both Jein and Tina will attend Edina High School
- Both students speak good English.
We need 6 total host families:
2 from August to November
2 from December through March
2 from April through July
Time frames can be flexible to suit your family’s needs.
Rotarians are happy to:
- help the student with transportation,
- include the student in various events, and
- provide the student a monthly stipend for school lunch and extracurricular activities.
Host families get proper support from Rotary AND get the chance to make lifelong international friendships without leaving Edina/SW Minneapolis!
Please consider this opportunity, and contact Jenn Glass at 612-961-4045 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to talk about becoming a host family. Jim Bizal is also able to answer questions: email@example.com