Sunday, August 18 | Following the 10:00 AM Service
What’s better than a paddle or float down Minnehaha Creek on a lazy summer Sunday? Enjoying the ride with friends from St. Stephen’s!
Join us Sunday, August 18 with your kayak, canoe or tube as we make good use of the creek running past our doors. Following our 10:00 AM worship service, which includes creek baptisms, we’ll head down the creek to York Park where we’ll gather for a casual picnic.
Never tubed the creek or don’t own your own kayak? No problem! We’ll have several experienced paddlers with us and you may rent kayaks from several local retailers (see details below.)
Mark your calendars now for this fun event. Let’s make the most of the Minnesota summer!
- REGISTRATION: We recommend you register even if you are just thinking about coming so you’ll receive communications we’ll share with participants prior to the event. Register using the form below.
- CREEK ROUTES: We have two recommended exit points from the creek. The routes are different distances based on whether you are tubing or kayaking/canoeing. Each route will start at the church and take approximately the same amount of time (roughly one hour). Detailed maps will be provided after registration.
- Tubers: Exit the creek at Arden Park and then get a ride to York Park if you’d like to join us for the picnic.
- Kayakers/Canoers: Exit the creek at York Park.
- WATER SAFETY: Read and follow the Minnesota DNR Boating and Water Safety requirements and guidelines.
- TRANSPORTATION: All participates will arrange all of their own transportation.
- RENTALS: If you need to rent a kayak or canoe you may
- Contact Hoigaards. Kayak rentals range from $30-40 for 24 hours (pick-up on Saturday, return on Sunday) and include a paddle, personal floatation device, and foam car-top carrier. We suggest you call as soon as possible to reserve a kayak for the day. Canoe rentals are also available.
- Contact REI. Rentals are available for members through their Bloomington location.
If you have questions about creek routes, tubing or kayaking, contact Britton Cook.