Help us Stuff the Truck for our partners at VEAP!
Our long-time outreach partner VEAP continues to serve the increasingly high volume of food, housing stability, and social service needs in the southwest metro. Through collaborative efforts with food banks and other food shelves, VEAP is stepping up, even more, to serve more families in crisis in Minneapolis. These needs are on-going due to impacts on the community related to COVID-19 and the recent disruption in access to food and basic needs in Minneapolis.
To support our partners at VEAP as they strive to meet these needs, the Outreach Committee of St. Stephen’s is partnering with our neighbors at Mercy Commons Covenant Church to sponsor another Stuff the Truck basic needs drive!
VEAP’s warehouse space, distribution model, and collaborations with food banks and other food shelves make them an ideal partner for this effort. We hope you’ll join us as we Stuff the Truck!
DRIVE DATE & TIME
Saturday, August 15 from 10:00 AM – Noon
ITEMS TO BUY
In order to ensure we are providing the items that are of the most need in our community, we ask that donations include ONLY the following items –
- Laundry Pods or 50oz Liquid Laundry Soap
- Personal Care items (shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hand soap, feminine hygiene product, deodorant, etc.)
- Toilet Paper
- Diapers in sizes 4 and 5
- Canned meat – tuna, chicken, ham etc.
- Sanitizing wipes
- Baby Formula
- 2 LB bags of flour or dried beans
Please DO NOT bring any fresh food items.
HOW TO PACK ITEMS
Please follow these guidelines in packing up your donations –
- Pack your donations in sturdy bags that close or in boxes/bins which can be stacked.
- Donation containers cannot be returned – do not pack in a bag/container that you want to get back.
- Do not exceed 40 lbs in any box, bag, or container.
DROP LOCATION & GUIDELINES
Mercy Common Covenant Church (4201 W. 50th St., Edina)
Thanks for helping us keep volunteers and donors safe by following these guidelines –
- Stay in your vehicle; volunteers will direct you as you enter the parking lot.
- Place your donations in the back of your vehicle (back seat, truck, hatchback) and ensure they are easily accessible; volunteers will remove donations from your vehicle. Please have all of your donations ready to go (using the packing instructions above) before you come to the drop off point.
- Volunteers will wear masks and will be following safety standards; donors may choose whether or not to wear a mask.
- Do not walk your items to the drop-off point.
If you are unable to participate in the in-person drive and you’d like to support VEAP, visit their donation page to make a monetary contribution. Thank you!