Help us Stuff the Truck for our partners at VEAP!
Our long-time outreach partner VEAP continues to serve the increasingly high volume of food, housing stability, and social service needs in the southwest metro. Through collaborative efforts with food banks and other food shelves, VEAP is stepping up, even more, to serve more families in crisis in Minneapolis. These needs are on-going due to impacts on the community related to COVID-19 and the recent disruption in access to food and basic needs in Minneapolis.
To support our partners at VEAP as they strive to meet these needs, the Outreach Committee of St. Stephen’s is sponsoring a Stuff the Truck basic needs drive! VEAP’s warehouse space, distribution model, and collaborations with food banks and other food shelves make them an ideal partner for this effort. We hope you’ll join us as we Stuff the Truck!
DRIVE DATE & TIME
Saturday, June 27 from 9:00-11:00 AM
ITEMS TO BUY
In order to ensure we are providing the items that are of the most need in our community, we ask that donations include ONLY the following items –
- Laundry Pods or 50oz Liquid Laundry Soap
- Toiletries and feminine hygiene products
- Diapers in sizes 4, 5 and 6
- Canned meat – tuna, chicken, etc.
- Sanitizing wipes
HOW TO PACK ITEMS
Please follow these guidelines in packing up your donations –
- Pack your donations in sturdy bags that close or in boxes/bins which can be stacked.
- Donation containers cannot be returned – do not pack in a bag/container that you want to get back.
- Do not exceed 40 lbs in any box, bag, or container.
DROP LOCATION & GUIDELINES
Edina Country Club (5100 Wooddale Ave, Edina)
Thanks for helping us keep volunteers and donors safe by following these guidelines –
- Enter through the main entrance off of Wooddale Avenue.
- Stay in your vehicle; volunteers will direct you as you enter the parking lot.
- Place your donations in the back of your vehicle (back seat, truck, hatchback) and ensure they are easily accessible; volunteers will remove donations from your vehicle. Please have all of your donations ready to go (using the packing instructions above) before you come to the drop off point.
- Volunteers will wear masks and will be following safety standards; donors may choose whether or not to wear a mask.
- Do not walk your items to the drop-off point.