COVID status: Masks are currently optional at indoor worship and other gatherings for all attendees unless otherwise noted.
A warm welcome to you from the clergy, staff, and parishioners of St. Stephen’s Church!
We are a thriving Episcopal community of Christians who come together seeking inspiration, comfort, guidance, companionship, and opportunities to share God’s love. Our church life together is vibrant and we welcome visitors with open hearts and arms. We are finding new and creative ways to stay connected, nurtured, and growing and we’d love for you to join us. If you have questions about our community, the tenants of our faith, baptisms, weddings, or how to get involved, please ask!
We want to get to know you!
Please fill out our Online Welcome Form to help us better connect with YOU or contact Molly Reichard, Minister for Community Engagement, with any questions. We will get back in touch with you about your questions or information about your areas of interest.
Considering coming for Sunday worship? Great!
Attending a Sunday worship service is one of the best ways to get to know us. Here’s what you should expect –
- Nice people. We LOVE it when someone comes for the first time. We do our best, but, we don’t always recognize the first-time visitors – so feel free to say, “This is my first time” to one of the folks at our front doors and they will guide you in!
- Easy to follow worship. Let’s name the elephant in the room. Episcopal services have a reputation for requiring “book juggling” and being hard to follow unless you know the secret code. At St. Stephen’s, we recognize this. If you are new to the Episcopal Church, we give you what you need in our paper bulletin to easily follow along and enjoy worship.
- Spotlight-free zone. Have no fear, we will NOT single you out publicly or ask you to say anything.
- A fun, safe environment for kids. If Bringing your kids with you to worship? Great!
- A self-service nursery is easily accessible from our Nave and it’s available for parents to use throughout the service.
- Children’s Chapel is offered during our 10:15 AM worship service for preschoolers through kids in 5th grade. Parents may drop their kids at the Chapel and they will return to the church at the Peace in time for Holy Communion. Masks are required for everyone over the age of 5 at Chapel.
- We love to see kids in church! So if you want to keep your kids with you, please don’t hesitate. Families are welcome at all of our worship services.
- Please know that all staff and volunteers who work with children are trained on and follow our Safe Church Practices.
- Dress to please yourself. You’ll see everything from jeans to suits here so dress in a way that is most comfortable to you.
While our parish does not have a parking lot, there is parking available at the Utley Park and Wooddale Park lots across the street from the church. On Sunday mornings, we have several reserved parking spots for visitors located in the parking bay of the church on 50th Street. Street parking is available on Wooddale and in the neighborhoods that surround the church.